Well, I finally finished the shoes for my Witch's Urn yesterday! Making these has been a true challenge for me, since I really have pretty much ZERO sewing abilities. I haven't touched a sewing machine in many years, so I had to pretty much learn how to sew all over again. I am so proud of myself!
Then...this morning, when I went to take some pictures to post, I found out my camera batteries were just about to die. I also knew we had no spare batteries in the house. Yes, I still have one of the first digital cameras that is known to mankind. It takes bad pictures and it known throughout the land for it's "battery sucking" abilities. So, anyhoo....I was able to take 4 quick, pictures before I lost power. But, alas, I lost this battle in the end, since I was in such a hurry to beat the dying batteries...only one picture turned out. I'll have to post more pictures later. Check out my previous post if you are interested in more info on how I made these shoes.
FYI - For anyone else who is interested in making a Witch's Urn, you can buy shoe covers that make normal shoes look like witch’s shoe. The problem I found with these is that they are really meant for viewing from the top of the shoe down, not from the bottom (sole side) up. They have straps that crisscross over the soles & I just didn’t like the look personally. So, long story short, I thought I would try to make my own first. Although, I have to say that I was pretty close, several times during the (ahem...frustrating) sewing process, to just buying the quick covers. I think I may have actually taught myself a few new swear words while making these. ;-) If you are interested, you can purchase them at local party/Halloween shops or on the web at places like here or here.