Sunday, December 19, 2010

Is that you Mr. French???

Last year, I decided that I should try to make Christmas ornaments each year for my family members.  I was inspired by the snowman ornaments that I saw on "Michelle my Belle's" blog.  This woman is SO creative!  I just love her blog.  Since it was my first attempt at making ornaments, I decided to follow the instructions she posted for her snowman ornaments.  I thought they turned out really adorable and my family loved them.  This year, I came up with an idea to make Santa ornaments with dangling legs .  I am way behind with making these, since I just finished forming the main body of...OMG (sweating and wringing my hands)....the FIRST ornament last night.  Oh yes, did I forget to mention....I have to make 6 of these guys!!!  I seriously think my brain has been in denial that Christmas is only a week away!  While making my first Santa last night, I thought he looked familiar, but couldn't put my finger on who I thought he looked like.  The first thing this morning, I looked and him and thought, "Oh my gosh...Mr. French!"  Not sure any of you are old enough to remember the television show Family Affairs; which aired possibly in the late 60's, early 70's? One of the characters was a very proper gentlemen's butler named Mr. French; played by the actor Sebastian Cabot.  I faintly remember the show, since I was pretty young at the time, but I do remember the characters.  Don't you agree that my Santa looks like Mr. French?
Left to right - Mr. French, Uncle Bill, Jody, Sissy, and Buffy. Not pictured, but also a popular character on the show, is Mrs. Beasley, Buffy's doll.

 
Here are the snowman ornaments I made last year. I will try to post more on them later. 
**You can see the completed Santa Ornaments here.



Blessings, Tracy

1 comment :

  1. your snowmen turned out great!! can't wait to see how your santa turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete