Friday, April 30, 2010

Martha told me....

One of my favorite (and simple) Martha Stewart ideas is this decorative dish soap dispenser.  I saw this somewhere about 5 years ago and thought it was a great idea to disguise my ugly dish soap bottle.   I found a cheap decorative bottle at Pier 1 and the topper I found at Williams-Sonoma.  If memory serves me correctly, I think the whole thing cost around $12.  I did have to make one modification.  I ended up using a metal nut pick to ease the ball bearing, that regulates the liquid flow, out of the topper.  Because the dish soap is so thick, the ball bearing really slowed the flow of the liquid.  

Now our dish soap sits in a sunny kitchen window and looks so pretty.  Everyone who sees it thinks it is a great idea and comments on how nice it looks.  


Blessings, Tracy

No comments :

Post a Comment